BOYA BY-WM4 PRO Overview
The Boya BY-WM4 PRO is a compact, entry-level wireless lavalier microphone system offering an easy-to-use, cost-effective, and all-inclusive solution for recording one subject to your camera, camcorder, or mobile device. The system delivers improved sound quality over the built-in mics on cameras and mobile devices to supply clear, intelligible speech for journalists, YouTube/Instagram creators, TikTok personalities, vloggers, and more.
The package includes a clip-on omnidirectional lavalier mic and bodypack transmitter with belt clip, allowing your subject to move around hands-free in front of the camera for demonstrations, presentations, interviews, and performances. The compact, dual-channel receiver offers a 200′ line-of-sight maximum operating range and includes an attachment clip and a camera shoe mount for flexible mounting options.
Connecting cables for both your camera and smartphone are included, while the 3.5mm jack on the receiver lets you plug in headphones for monitoring while you’re working on set. The transmitter and receiver are both powered by two AAA batteries for up to 11.5 hours and arrive pre-paired at the factory—just power up, plug the receiver into your camera or phone, and you’re ready to go.
Easy-to-Use System with Lavalier Mic & Bodypack Transmitter
- The clip-on lavalier microphone features an omnidirectional pickup pattern that helps to deliver consistent audio levels even when the subject turns away form the mic.
- The mic plugs into the lightweight bodypack transmitter, which runs on two AAA batteries.
- An LED indicator on the unit shows power and low-battery level.
- Simply power On the receiver and transmitter to access reliable wireless audio functionality in an instant.
Compact, Dual-Channel Receiver
- The compact receiver features a removable attachment clip that comes off to accommodate the included shoe mount for placement on your camera.
- The receiver’s input level can be adjusted to accommodate speakers at different volume levels.
- A 3.5mm TRS cable for connection to a camera or camcorder is included. A 3.5mm TRRS cable for connection to a smartphone or tablet equipped with a headphone jack is also included.
- The receiver features a 3.5mm headphone jack for monitoring.
- For a two-person shoot, simply add another transmitter instead of buying a whole system. Since the RX4 Pro is a dual-channel receiver, it can simultaneously handle two TX4 Pro wireless transmitters (second transmitter available separately).
- Up to 8 systems can operate simultaneously in the same location, but each system should be separated by at least 16.5′ to avoid interference.
- Additional receiver options that mount and plug in directly to your smarphone’s digital input are also available including the BY-WM4 PRO RXD for Lightning and BY-WM4 PRO RXU for USB Type-C models.